Cardiff Junior Devils Summer Camp 2019
This summer the Cardiff Junior Devils are holding their first hockey camp
For a whole week on Monday 26th August until Friday 30th August, your child can train and play ice hockey all day every day.
A typical day at camp may include
(a full timetable will depend on the age group of your child and will be published soon, but each day will include all of the following)
- Arrive at the rink and register for your sessions with your age group
- Warm up – A fun off-ice warm up to prepare your body for the day
- On-ice training – skating, puck-handling, passing and shooting drills
- Break – Take the time to refresh your energy with plenty of water and a healthy snack.
- Classroom Session – A range of visitors will be coming in to discuss issues relating to hockey, such as nutrition, safety and wellbeing.
- Lunch – A nutritious lunch will be made for you each day
- Off-ice fitness training – a variety of fun sessions which may include yoga, cross-training and spin class
- Break – You will be encouraged to keep your body hydrated and fed to get the most out of the training
- Back on the ice – 1 1/2 hours ice time to play a full hockey game or a fun scrimmage so that you can put your new skills into action!
- Team Talk – A chance to talk to your coaches about what you have learned, ask any questions that you have and receive feedback on your progress.
Affordable hockey camp
As you may know many of these camps cost £80-100 per day. As we are committed to keeping the camp affordable to all so we are running this at the special price for Junior Cardiff Devils at the cost of £190 for the whole week. That works out as only £ 38 per day, that is less than £5 per hour (much cheaper that other activity camps).
Your children will spend their time with other children in their age group, supervised by trained EIHA managers and coaches all of whom have full DBS checks and other qualifications such as first-aid.
Health and Fitness
Each day your child will spend 2 ½ hours on the ice, over the week that is over 12 hours of ice time (that’s over a month of ice time in 1 week!) so you can expect their standards to improve a great deal over the course of the camp.
They will also be able to improve their overall fitness with our off-ice physical training. Each day, they will be trained in effective warm-up and cool-down routines, as well as play fun games that encourage them to be fit and active.
Talks from a range of experts have also been arranged, including nutrition advice, wellbeing, relaxation, and safety on the ice.
Lunch will be provided each day.
Head Coach Anton Rimko will be overseeing the camp and using it as an opportunity to assess players and allocate teams for the 2019-2020 season. He will be joined by many of the age group coaches and a number of special guest coaches. We have already confirmed that ex-Cardiff Devils defenceman Jason Stone, one of the EIHL’s longest serving players as well as his previous Devils team-mate Max Birbraer. Max still plays professional hockey for the Swindon Wildcats and has represented Israel at international level.
More special guest coaches will be announced in the run-up to the camp.
Register now through the website:
Currently Cardiff Junior Devils players only can register, at the reduced price of £190, but we will open up the camp to players from other teams soon at a higher cost, so do not delay.
You may pay by installments, but you will need to manage this yourself and make regular payments. A non-refundable deposit of £40 is needed, but you may pay any amount between £40 and £190 now.
The deadline for the full payment of £190 is Friday 28th June at 12 midday.